View Single Post

Old 03-14-2020, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf Cart Use on Championship Courses

So, hubby went to two championship golf courses yesterday, asking if he could ride by himself in our golf cart while he played. The answer was “No”. He stated that he didn’t feel comfortable sitting so close to another player in these times when anyone might be carrying the virus. It would seem that considering The Villages has shut down much of its entertainment venues that some consideration could be given to those of us who are trying to maintain some semblance of a normal life, yet do all we can to protect ourselves? So, he won’t be playing any of the courses here for the foreseeable future. We are in a high risk group when it comes to this virus and allowing individual carts would be a responsible and sensible thing for The Villages to do. I understand that during normal life and in a perfect world cart traffic is restricted to protect the courses, etc. They might as well just close all of the courses here. Jamming people together in close proximity is exactly what we are being told not to do. Yes, we are isolating at home and keeping a distance from others when we DO have to go out. Today, while picking up two prescriptions at CVS I had to ask the guy in line behind me to back off. He was literally a foot behind me, breathing down my neck. It’s time we all help each other get through this. We aren’t asking for much, just some space so that we can remain safe.