View Single Post

Old 03-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I agree. They said use Kleenex instead of a handkerchief which makes sense yet they are buying toilet paper. I don't understand water. Our water isn't going to be shut off. I use the filtered water from our refrigerator why would we need bottled water? This is a virus. Usually we have to let a virus take its course. No antibacterial cleaning agents kill the virus. This virus isn't in the air it is on surfaces we touch. Using a Kleenex makes more sense to open doors push elevator buttons & etc but each time throw the Kleenex in a bag that you carry along. Best thing just stay home if you can. Soap & water is the best safety measure but only friction kills the virus so wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
Not everyone has a water dispenser in their refrigerator. Not everyone has a water filter for their tap. I do have a water filter for the kitchen sink but it came with the house, it's old, and I don't know how to change it. So even if I had to drink tapwater, I don't know if it'd be palatable. Probably not, given Florida's absolutely craptastic tap water.