View Single Post

Old 03-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts
Default Menus are only part of the problem...servers are not being properly trained

I worked as a busboy in an upscale restaurant while going to school.
Day 1 we were taught the correct way to clear a table, change the tables, set out coffee cups/Danish, and the importance of frequent washing of hands, etc. It seems that proper training is no longer something that management views as one of their key responsibilities

I'm not a health-nut nor am I 'hyper' about anything...but I am frustrated with the unhygienic approach that way too many food servers demonstrate

I don't care if they haven't been trained to 'always serve from the left'...I do care if they knowingly or unknowingly do it with unhealthy techniques

I get frustrated when I see a server clearing a table and putting there fingers inside the empty classes, and then immediately picking up someone else's order and delivering it

I walked out of a restaurant in Key West once...I went into the men's room to wash my hands, one of the kitchen help was in there, he left the men's room without washing his hands and went back into the kitchen (and yes I did report it to the manager)

I reluctantly use the condiment containers because they are never cleaned

wiping down the menus with a damp rag is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

Hopefully one good thing that comes from all of this constant message to wash your hands, is that the 40% of the people that use public restrooms and do not wash their hands will start doing so

Just saying