View Single Post

Old 03-16-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
I am familiar with the Shands purchase, although I don't understand how that will address the need for massive expansion of hospital beds and medical personnel that we are going to need. I also doubt that it will make any difference regarding the immediate crisis.

What's the word on the "new hospital" you mention? I recall vague talk about "a bedless hospital of sorts that largely will focus on out-patient procedures" being built. (Details are available at the on-line newspaper website, which I understand we can't link to.) Somehow, that facility would not seem to really meet our future needs.

In fact, I haven't seen anything specific indicating that there is any kind of a comprehensive plan to double the number of hospital beds and medical personnel as The Villages doubles in size. My question is a genuine one: Exactly what are the County's plans in this regard? They may exist, and I simply don't know about them.
Regarding the new hospital, here is an article.
The Villages, UF Health enter into exclusive talks to transform regional health care

This article is about the purchase of The Villages Hospital, but it does mention the new hospital.
Villages Hospital to Join UF Health

As far as the "bedless hospital of sorts ..." -- That phrase was used by the Daily Sun when describing the soon-to-open Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood. This will operate as a multi-specialty medical center. It will not be a hospital. In other words, it will not provide in-patient care.