View Single Post

Old 03-16-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270270 View Post
All, This missive is penned by a very angry U.S. citizen who resides in The Villages, FL.

Et Al.

This missive seems to my only outlet and hopefully it will be amplified across our great nation to effect changes so please share. Be safe, healthy in this crazy time. Jeff
Rightly or wrongly, I am going to assume you came to TOTV because you needed somewhere to vent and thought this might be the place, unfortunately not. You will only end up getting very snarky and immature remarks from most of the regular macho men on this site; although the doctor in the house was a little more generous to you!

I can only assume you were traveling because you needed to, after all not too many people will be taking a European vacation at the moment with the Virus being so prevalent everywhere in the world.

As to the subject of your missive, I happen to agree with you. The response to this crisis has been less than encouraging. I had always looked at the USA through rose tinted glasses, thinking that our Government would be ready for anything ............ I guess I was wrong and if we are not careful we will descend into mayhem and the dark underbelly of the country will be on view for all to see.

An example of the dark under belly of The Villages was relayed to me today at the pharmacy counter in Publix. I asked for hand sanitizer to use at the counter, "we have none and cannot get any", I then asked about hand wipes at the front door before touching the cart "We have none, people have been opening the wipes holder and stealing the whole roll".

270270;1728476, I hope things get better, and remember ask nothing from anyone and you will never be disappointed.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 03-16-2020 at 04:40 PM.