View Single Post

Old 03-16-2020, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
What do you think? Will the Coronavirus have an adverse affect on the Real Estate market? Will sales go down? Will prices be depressed?

Just curious........
I have been thinking about this also. I am guessing the Villages Developers are starting to get more than a little bit nervous about this. Think about it, let’s go all in on doubling the size of the Villages, buy lots of land and start a massive expansion. Why not, the retiring baby boomers are experiencing rapid growth in their retirement accounts from the prolonged bull stock market and are incredibly optimistic about their prospects. And many of them also have juicy defined benefit pension plans. These boomers will have no problem paying a premium for our active lifestyle.

Now, all of a sudden, those once opportunistic potential homebuyers are watching their retirement dreams evaporate into thin air, and if they have a clue, should also be very worried about the viability of their defined benefit pension plans. And many may now be reconsidereing when they can afford to retire, no less buy a second home. Not a good time to mortgage our future on a dream retirement home that we can snowbird to until we someday become frogs. I suspect many future frogs will be doing their croaking up north.