Thread: Mass Hysteria
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Exactly how is stressing over what might happen, going to change anything in one's life? Just because we do not panic, and instead think pragmatically, does not mean we are being irresponsible. Take for instance, my personal situation. I have not had a flu shot in forty years, and I have not had the flu. I have not even had a cold in the last ten years. Some folks are like that, have a pretty good immune system. I have nothing against those that wish to take precautions, but I am concerned about those that stress over what might happen, and go over the hysterical edge. I have a relative that was in contact with a friend that tested positive for the virus and then had symptoms of a cold. Everyone around her panicked for no reason, or for an imagined reason. Remember when HIV was first publicized and everyone was afraid to shake hands or be near someone infected? I am not saying to ignore the threat, just be more reasonable in your response. I wonder how many seniors will pass away due to the stress of this medical threat, rather than the actual presence of the illness in their lives.