Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
This is just the United States, by the way, where the total number of cases nearly doubled yesterday.

The Villages Florida

For those who want to persist with the ridiculous comparisons of the end of an 18 month H1N1 episode to the first month of our experience with coronavirus.

The Villages Florida

That right hand graph is a stark statement as to how much more deadly the Coronavirus is than H1N1 was.

I added the most recent two days to this chart, showing that the United States is accelerating ahead of the pace for Italy, which resulted in a complete lock down of that nation.

The Villages Florida

I think it is out of control and I believe testing in Florida remains suppressed and this is deflating the figures here.
Well, stay tuned because if your opinion is that it is already "out of control", you're going to shudder at the numbers that will come out this week. They curve is going to a precipitous spike since they have now changed testing methodology to allow throughput of thousands of tests/day rather than dozens. Thousands of samples collected but not processed will be run this coming week, so I expect a large increase in the number of cases reported