View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Default I never have minimized the threat of the COVID19 virus, but lets get real here.....

I've detested the minimizing of this threat by elements of the media and govt who would not open their eyes to what was going on in the rest of the world and essentially mocked scientific concerns. Their ignorance was revolting and dangerous in itself. We should have been far further ahead of this than we are. On the other hand, I think the steps TV has taken have been enormous. This place is built on social activity and interactivity, has been reduced to bare minimum. I regret all of it, but congratulate TV on its quick responses and following of CDC and Fed guidelines. All meetings, show places and performances, all rec centers, club activities, and just about everything TV has control over, save for outdoor activities, have been shut down - before the first confirmed case came to any of our counties. To compare the relatively spacious outdoor activities here to the jammed scrambling of the Spring Break beaches, or the hundreds of thousands of people who PACK into lines and queues and gambling tables/slot machines in Las Vegas is apples to oranges. Golf, pools, pickleball, jogging, biking, etc are a less significant issue if you act sensibly and social distance. Or you can choose to do any of those things. However, outside of a police state, you can not expect people not to live some semblance of a life here , with respect for others, and to the degree that they safely can. I, and others, will continue to follow guidelines, and will accept whatever further rules come into play, more for the safety of others than myself. But that aside, one can always choose to self quarantine.