Thread: Empty Shelves
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,789 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
My spouse and I went shopping at Publix at Rohan yesterday for a few staples. We thought we would wander the aisles with our list and pick up a few that we didn't have listed. Very interesting what the Villagers thought to stock up on. Of course all meats, two legged or four, gone. Dairy products, eggs, milk, but not the whole milk, curious. Pasta, pasta sauces, rice, but not the Texmati brands, tuna fish, but not the brands packed in oil. Breads, any and all, no paper products, wipes, etc. Certain cereals, gone. So credit being to the hoarders, it looked like they were selective, but so many followed suit? Was there a preferred list of life saving foods and dry goods that were listed? Frozen veggies, gone, and I believe anything round with pepperoni gone.
Hopefully the panic buying is somewhat abated, but hope is dim.

My next question is to the medical experts out there, is what is recommended for the coronavirus fever if you are unfortunate to contract it, Angel Soft, Scot, or Charmin Ultra? Hate to have the wrong one and waste time in the application.
I’m not sure “hoarding” is the issue and I don’t believe many people have thought the whole scenario through. Has anyone taken into consideration that a huge number of people are now cooking at home who ordinarily dine out in The Villages and all over the country? People are also asked to limit trips into the public arenas and, I would assume, are trying to shop for an extended length of time to serve those purposes when they do shop. We shopped over a week ago planning on a two week time period and are watching the larder supply shrink. You are probably witnessing life in the USA without restaurants. Hopefully, we will all look out for each other.