View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidop View Post
And a nightclub (according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary) is " a place of entertainment open at night usually serving food and liquor and providing music and space for dancing and often having a floor show" Why is Katie Belle's still open ? They are running under the guise of being a restaurant.
We had reservations for a show on Monday night that we purchased mid February. When the CDC came out with new guidance on Monday morning restricting crowds to 10 people or less, I called Katie Belle's and told them I wanted to cancel due to covid-19 and, the fact that a good percentage of people in the crowd are visitors from other states, I felt the need to protect my family. They told me they had a 48 hour cancellation policy and that they would not refund my $140 because they are a business and exempt from such rules. That is the attitude of Villages owned and rented facilities. A bar is not a bar, a nightclub is not a nightclub - they are all restaurants! It's all about the money - not your health.
Please finish the story. Did you go to the show or did you stay home to protect your family? Why was a full refund pivotal? Were you unwilling to spend $140 to protect yourself and your family? Why didn’t you cancel before the morning of the show? Why did you wait for the government to tell you what to do?

We all need to accept personal responsibility.

We can start by asking ourselves if we are being part of the solution, or are we being part of the problem?