View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 12:54 PM
Default As I reflect ...

SOOOoooooo … As I reflect on so many posts in this forum concerning Covid-19 and how we all should behave and what governments should dictate, I infer the following: from several VERY SENSIBLE posters that you probably would disagree with this one:
"We need to shut down EVERYTHING!"

and others would argue that this is NOT ENOUGH

Suffice to say, when I read that, I immediately envisioned Chicken Little running around in circles shouting "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"

Let's everyone stand back, take a deep breath (hold it for 10 secs without coughing and/or excessive "tightness" - some say a good test for the virus) and, perhaps, let saner minds prevail. I thank God that some of the folks on this forum are NOT making decisions for me and my family. For those who are cowering in fear as they witness others on the beaches (mostly younger folks who have NEVER been in touch with their mortality - were YOU?) and partaking in activities that you disapprove of, NO ONE is forcing you to partake. You can always self quarantine and let the others throw caution to the wind. If you were honest about YOUR viewpoint, you might realize it probably stems from a statist viewpoint regarding life and feel that everyone should do as you do because YOU know what's best. The Quiz - The Advocates for Self-Government For me, I'll take LIBERTY every time. I seem to remember a country being birthed on that same principle! Inform me honestly about the given situation (something ALL governments and the media are incapable of doing, unless it happens to correspond with the agenda) and I'll decide what my actions should be. I don't want ANY of you folks or government dictating to me; I must be under a mistaken impression that slavery ended 155 years ago in this country. Folks still capable of sane reasoning and critical thinking can't help but wonder what the bigger picture is here and if there is possibly something more sinister at work. As wiser folks than I have posited, Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

"... every time people get scared they just ramp it up… because they can, and because they’re addicts! Humans will agree to all sorts of horrific things if you can first get them afraid… and modern media is little more than a fear delivery system.
Control Is An Addiction

As I questioned in an earlier post, why were activities, e.g. sports events and other outdoor or arena events canceled that could have occurred, without spectators, which could have provided entertainment to "shut-ins" during these times? I could elaborate but questions such as these, IMHO, are worth asking.

Something to think about

Fred