View Single Post

Old 03-20-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Wife and I are in the 80+ group, but can't be bothered to get involved in the food panic.
We go when we need, and if they do not have what we want, we make do with what there is.
When you have lived through real food shortages, one tends to treat this panic buying with a certain amount of contempt.
Stay well.
Totally agree with both Bills. I envision the folks who suffered through The Great Depression must be shaking their heads at this "scheduled shopping". Selfishness and greed are propelling this thing and I personally find it to be totally ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, .... I went to LSL to take a walk two days ago. On my way to the board walk I saw a photo op - the window of the radio station - and stood next to a lady who was sitting with a man, very close to the building. So I said, "Do you mind if I take this picture over your head, it'll take just a minute?" I was about 3 ft. from her and literally would have only been there for 45 seconds. She said, "YES I DO! My husband is immuno-suppressed, he just got out of the hospital!" Really???? Give me a break! Why would he even be out in public at all? Under normal conditions, he should be at home if he is immunocompromised. Cannot believe the entitlement of some people. I moved quickly and found an even better angle to take the picture, then went on my walk, far away from others.