View Single Post

Old 03-20-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,465 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
Totally agree with both Bills. I envision the folks who suffered through The Great Depression must be shaking their heads at this "scheduled shopping". Selfishness and greed are propelling this thing and I personally find it to be totally ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, .... I went to LSL to take a walk two days ago. On my way to the board walk I saw a photo op - the window of the radio station - and stood next to a lady who was sitting with a man, very close to the building. So I said, "Do you mind if I take this picture over your head, it'll take just a minute?" I was about 3 ft. from her and literally would have only been there for 45 seconds. She said, "YES I DO! My husband is immuno-suppressed, he just got out of the hospital!" Really???? Give me a break! Why would he even be out in public at all? Under normal conditions, he should be at home if he is immunocompromised. Cannot believe the entitlement of some people. I moved quickly and found an even better angle to take the picture, then went on my walk, far away from others.
For all you know, they could have been on their way home from the hospital and he just needed to get some fresh air before going into seclusion. This is why the government has asked us to maintain a 6' distance. If you CAN do that, then you should. There was no actual need for you to get so close to these folks, you could've kept your distance and asked them in a louder voice.

In my job, I'm sometimes just within inches of other people, and there's really nothing I can do to avoid it. But when it's possible, I distance myself. Even if that person wasn't immune compromised - there was still no reason to get so close to these strangers, in a mostly-empty town square. Especially if it's just taking a photo. You have a zoom feature on your camera.