Thread: Empty Shelves
View Single Post

Old 03-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Believe me, I tried to take only one. Really, only one is all anyone needs. I pulled and three came out all at once and it was impossible to snatch only one without touching the other two. I'm really good at this too because I use these wipes all the time at the gym. So sorry.

Publix and Winn Dixie are out of the wipes at this point. I was at a Publix on 441 today and they had someone wiping down the cart handles and the front of the baskets. She let me know which baskets were already wiped down and ready to go.
I think the previous poster was referring to people who do it on purpose. We had that problem last week - customers were coming in and digging down into the dispenser stand, pulling up a couple of inches worth of wipes and stuffing them into ziplock baggies in their purses.

A couple of customers didn't even bother with that - they just opened the dispenser and took the whole box of wipes.

That might be one of the reasons there's someone wiping the carts down at the stores now FOR the customers - to reduce the amount of people who will just take the wipes.