View Single Post

Old 03-21-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think a lot of people don't see the big picture here. An "estate sale" is usually held after the estate owner dies. The government, utility companies, mortgage lenders, credit card companies, etc... want to get their money from the estate. Often upon death, all debts become immediately due in full.

Whoever inherits the estate, also inherits the debt unless an Executor is able to pay it off from bank assets. Once the actual monetary assets are depleted, the rest has to be handled so as to minimize tax responsibility and maximize whatever the beneficiary is allowed to receive.

The only way to do that is to sell the assets. That is what an estate sale is for. It's to get rid of things that belonged to someone who is now dead, so that the grandchildren aren't stuck with the burden of upkeep on things they can't or won't keep.
Thank you for your reply ,I think we all know why those estate sales are here for but I also really believe that the percentage of kids/grandkids that walk away with debt rather then money is very small in the Villages ,but all of that is besides the point . I feel that if I can safe only one person from getting sick or even dead with bringing awareness to this problem then it is well worth the protentional monetary loss of money . What do you think all those service related people are going through . This is NOT everyday life ,like the president said WE ARE AT WAR some of us didn't get this message