View Single Post

Old 03-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
The area in question is about 100 acres. I believe it is zoned as vacant residential. It is presently farmed for hay. It is platted into about 160 parcels most of which are less than half an acre. About 25% of the parcels are owned by private individuals who rumor says are OK with folks enjoying the natural area for hiking and dog walking. Duke energy own a large swath over which they run high tension power lines and support several towers. The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc. owns most of the rest of the land parcels. The land adjacent to the Rio Grand postal center, air rifle range, and the croquet/bowling lawn are owned and controlled by The Villages. I do not believe it is a environmentally protected area although there is a variety of wildlife living there. There are also several footpaths through the land that most people stay on. I've never seen anyone tease, abuse, or otherwise annoy any of the wildlife in this area.

EVERYONE, please read this! It is a concise and accurate description of the property.