View Single Post

Old 03-22-2020, 05:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
And we are running low on Liquid soap (to wash our hands). I went to 4 places today to find liquid hand soap. All were out. I resent all of you that took more than you need.
"More than you need" is subjective. As long as I'm capable of wiping my butt, I will need toilet paper. So figure at least another 20 years.

However, I don't need enough toilet paper to last me 20 years. I ALWAYS keep around 20-40 rolls, because I buy it in 20-roll packages. Usually just one and when I get around halfway down to the last one I buy another one. But sometimes they're on sale, so I'll buy another one anyway.

I already had 45 rolls as of a month ago - and saw that the shelves were empty at the supermarket. Figured that I'll use my staples rewards credit and see if there's another 20-pack on the shelf there. There were a few. I grabbed one.

So now, if any of my neighbors run low, I can give them a roll and they don't have to worry about running low.

I did the same with paper towels, but I never stock up that much of those, just one 8-pack. So now I have 2 8-packs.

I have a quart of rubbing alcohol, because I always keep a quart of rubbing alcohol in the house. I didn't stock up on it, it's more than I'll use in a year.

No bleach because I never use it. It makes me wheeze. I might grab a jug anyway next time I see one though, because I realize now it's probably a good idea to have it around.

The lady who bought out the entire Dollar Store inventory of around 40 CASES of TP and Paper Towels and laughed when she was confronted - now THAT is overbuying. Unless she's GIVING it away - she is contemptable.