View Single Post

Old 03-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I agree what you stated about truckers. I drove over the road for 9 years before retiring a little over a year ago.

It's truly a thankless job. Most companies and quite frankly most people treat drivers with very little respect. Of course there are some very rude and disrespectful drivers but few and far between. I've sat out major snowstorms and hurricanes sitting in the truck for days hoping that I wouldn't run out of fuel. FEMA has many truckers "at the ready" for all types of disasters. The drivers will make their sacrifices to get us the things needed as quickly and as safely as possible, I know a few drivers who do just that, bring essentials to those in need. I've always had a high regard for medical professionals, what they must deal with on a daily basis must be extremely difficult.
An early childhood memory of mine is being in the Studebaker on the way to Grandma’s house, a couple hundred miles away and no interstates in-between.

That is when I remember first hearing about “The Knights of the Road” which is what my mom and dad called truckers.

Now, in these surreal times, we need those Knights of the Road more than ever before.