View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinson View Post
We have to be careful to separate fact from opinion. It is a fact that even in TV we have the effects of media hysteria - the hording of TP and paper towels. Why that is happening is my opinion is that the media deliver the news with an emphasis and tone of voice of "we don't know how bad this will become." A fact is that the grocery shelves in TV are hard to keep up with stocking is partly due to people not buying food at restaurants so they are buying food for home. I am an efficiency consultant for companies like Proctor & Gamble and Gillette - I'd love to hear your opinion of how this panic, real or imagined, is adversely affecting the efficiency of our supply chains. Your thoughts, please?
It is reasonable to think that the folks who frequent restaurants on a regular basis will now make use of the take out and delivery service that is available. To me, it is unreasonable to think that all those that eat out will now purchase all supplies necessary and do nothing but cook at home. Certainly some will do so, by I think the majority of folks that have become used to having others prepare their meals will not go to the trouble of home cooking when take out and delivery is readily available.
I have seen this condition go from concern to worry and now even to panic. And there is no reason for it, there is no shortage of anything in the supply chain. Use common sense, don't touch anything you don't have to, keep a reasonable distance from others, wash your hands more frequently and for at least 20 seconds and keep your hands away from your face. Do that and purchase items as you normally would. There is no reason to hoard.