View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyGirl View Post
This is an idea that we are going to try in our CYV neighborhood during this quarantine:

I’m sure everyone here is about to go stir crazy with no activities going on. I feel especially sorry for our elderly neighbors who are living alone and getting very little human contact. I’ve thought of an idea that might be fun. Here’s the plan:

One evening a week, (we are doing Fridays at 6 pm,) we have a “Social without Gathering.”

On week 1, all the neighbors living in odd numbered homes pull out their chairs and “happy hour” beverages to the end of their driveways. All the neighbors living in even numbered houses take a walk or bike around the neighborhood (with drinks in hand) and stop to chat with those seated in the driveway - keeping at least 6 feet from everybody. (No dogs because everyone wants to pet them and there could be virus germs on them.)

Then, the following week, reverse it - odd numbers walk, evens sit in the driveway. No sharing of food or drink, just friendly conversation. The walkers can try to limit the visit to 10 minutes or less, keep the distance, and move on to the next house. Of course, those who cannot walk can park themselves in a chair at the driveway each week. We can find out if any of our neighbors need anything (like a roll of TP) that we could provide if we have it.

Neighbors in the driveways can bring out stereos with music! An old fashioned Promenade! Dancing alone in the streets! What do you think???
Good Morning
My Name is Allen I am in Village of Sanibel I have my own keyboard and amp, and on my block I have played for informal house parties and driveway parties just for fun. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you, and possibly have everybody lighten up and sing oldies doo wop music. Would love to help here please call me 352-633-6120