View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 11:39 AM
Default You Can't Cover All You Bases

I was traveling out of state when the hysteria hit. The young man in the seat behind me was coughing frequently during my 2 hour and 20 minute return flight. Maybe he had a cold, allergies, asthma, flu, or any of a hundred reasons that can cause a cough. Given our current situation, it would have been nice if I could get tested, but tests are in short supply and only given to those who have symptoms. I got back to TV at 7:00pm and had dinner with my wife at a restaurant in a town square. The next day, we went to do our weekly grocery shopping. In addition to paper towels, tp, and hand sanitizer, the store was out of about half the staples on our grocery list. We bought what we could, and the next day I went to two additional stores to find the items we still needed. I found everything except paper products and hand sanitizer. Because my wife is very concerned about our short supply of those items, I go to 4 to 6 stores a day to see if they've been restocked. So far no luck. I've been doing this for a week. I will do it again today. Yesterday I developed a cough. It's probably seasonal allergies, but I have no way of knowing for sure since I can't get tested without having other symptoms. Because I don't know my status, I've been very careful to keep my distance when outside talking to my neighbors. I try to keep my distance from people in the stores I visit, but sometimes they end up crowding me. If you shop at Publix, Winn-Dixie, WalMart, Sam's Club or Aldi, please don't get too close to me. I'm trying to keep you safe. I'm over 65 and have asthma so being around all those people puts me at risk too. It's been a week. Can you let go of your hysterics long enough to leave a package of Charmin and Bounty on the shelves so I can stay at home? It would be in both our best interests.