View Single Post

Old 03-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts
Default This should make people in isolation at their Villages homes feel a little bit better

Well, you lucky folks had high 80's with sunshine, while up here in the Berkshires we have mid 20's and a good old fashion spring Noreaster. Below are some pictures I took with my iPhone while walking our dog around the yard at about 4:45 this afternoon. At the time of the pictures we had about 4 inches of snow and by now at least another inch. The weather forecast calls for at least 8 inches before this storm stops around midnight. The bird feeders that we filled yesterday evening are all empty since all their other food sources are covered with snow. This is the real heavy wet snow that sticks to the trees, so there is a reasonable probability that tree branches will be taking out power lines and we will go dark. We are fortunate to have a generator (and lots of gas) so we shouldn't lose our perishable and frozen food and we can run our well pump and have plenty of water.

It's about time this boy gets his butt back outside and splits some more firewood to keep the wood stove going. I thought we had plenty of wood split for the remainder of the season because we were supposed to be at our Villages home right now, but had to cancel our trip for obvious reasons.

How do we wish we were in isolation at our Villages home right now, sitting in our bathing suits out by our pool sipping a frozen margarita and waiting for the sun to set over the preserve. Oh well, hopefully things will get back to normal sometime not to far away from now?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sidehouse.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	83269   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	backhouse.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	83270   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sgirls.jpg
Views:	875