View Single Post

Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Looking at all the replies on this post, it's no wonder nothing can get done in Congress and the Senate. The cruise line do pay taxes, port taxes, taxes on every ticket sold, and payroll taxes. They employ thousands of worker here, directly and indirectly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the ships are foreign flagged for insurance reasons.

Rollie
I'll bet it's more than just insurance but you have a good point about other types of taxes they may pay.

Here is where my plan kicks in. All large corporations of "X" size requesting subsidy money gets per a phased plan. First phase the size of the subsidy is no larger than the amount they paid in taxes 2018. That amount is to be published so we the taxpayers can see their contribution to our society. Then there can be several other phases of money distribution but each phase be based upon some rule from the previous phase. Example no more money if you laid off employees. Phase two perhaps was based upon sustaining payroll. And above all no stock buybacks allowed until the entire amount is paid back to us - the taxpayer.