Thread: Panic buying
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I don't understand why the lines at stores even exist. My wife walked into Wynn Dixie late yesterday morning, picked up 3 lbs. of ground beef, 2 steaks, some veggies, bread, and a few other items, only one person in line at checkout. Since this all started she has done this 3 times and never had a problem. We also pick up items at the local Dollar Stores and they never have a lot of customers.
Probably won't happen again, now that you "let the cat out of the bag", lol. With Publix, Walmart and Sams depleted, everyone will now run to Winn-Dixie. Someone needs to get a grip on whatever it is that's going on because those of us who have to rely on the online shopping & pick-up are lost..... I have been trying for over 2 weeks to order eggs, bread and have not been able to get either yet. Now, you can't even get an order in on Walmarts site and Sams has nothing available. Publix had nothing available yesterday on Insta-cart. I am more worried about our food supply than the virus at this point. And with the limits in place now, you can't ask friends to pick-up something, if that person happens to need it also.