View Single Post

Old 03-24-2020, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Lots of them will fly to Atlanta and drive here, if they learn they are required to quarantine if they come directly from New York.

Thing is - there's nothing to DO in Florida, while Florida is in the middle of its own shut-down process. If they're coming south to escape the virus in the north, then they're just bringing the virus with them. We already have it here - we don't need more of it.

We need to shut down OUR airports.

We can't prevent people from driving over our state line - there's no way to physically do that. But we can drastically reduce the risk of infection by shutting the airports down, and ordering all hotels to cancel bookings from out-of-state visitors - and possibly even give them financial incentive to provide temporary quarantine housing for homeless Floridians.
I hate to say this, but thinking about it more and seeing yours and some other replies, what really needs to happen is the declaration of martial law in and around NYC ... and physically prevent the refugees from spreading the virus further. That is, they HAVE to stay put.

I say that with regrets because I grew up in that area and feel sorry for them.