View Single Post

Old 03-25-2020, 06:38 AM

I take the Lt. Governor's larger point - if we destroy the American economy in the name of trying to protect everyone from this virus over an unlimited time frame, it will be the epitome of a Pyrrhic victory. He's right about that, and clear-thinking individuals know he's right about that.

Now, people can poke fun or cast aspersions toward him for some false notion that he's saying "kill off the old people!", but we cannot have an economy collapse in this nation over this. If this isolation phase goes on for months, it's going to be disastrous for the country.

I'd love to hear the pollyannish commentary about what that would actually look like and be like post-virus, were this current scenario to go on for months. I'd love to hear how that sets up younger generations to thrive.

But go ahead, make the jokes. Just wondering, though...who do you think desperate young folks are going to come to when they don't have a job or a realistic chance at wealth building? I'm going to venture a guess that they will come to those they see who have things they don't. Mirror, anyone?