View Single Post

Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Smile Segway In The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemorc View Post
Are there any Segways moving about TV? Can someone use a Segway, fitted with a golfbag holder, on the golf courses? These are getting very popular up here in MI.
Yes, I have a Segway - minus the golfbag holder as I am not a golfer - and I must say it's a great way to get around The Villages. A friend of mine came Monday - he has an older Segway with a range of only 12 miles...not enough for TV!! - and we rode for 17 miles - my husband met us for lunch and charged up Dan's machine - when we got back we were pooped!! But we'd had a great time. We did end up on a golf trail by mistake - an Ambassador was quick to meet up with us and direct us to the correct multi-model path. At any rate, Dan got to see the Historic side of TV which he is interested in, Town Square, Market Square, and Morse Blvd...which, by the way, is VERY long when you're standing and riding at 12 mph. We met up with a number of folks who were interested in "that thing" we were riding. Hopefully many more folks will be getting involved in the Segway way of life. See you our there!

Last edited by SegwayCR; 11-13-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Morse Drive should be Morse Blvd