View Single Post

Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

Phil Bak @philbak1
ยท
6h ago

Family friend, healthy male about 65 or 70, was about to go on ventilator last night for covid at NYC hospital. They gave him the new drug cocktail (hydroxychloroquine and whatever else), woke up this am breathing easily and no fever. Firsthand story.

Now this is good news!

Here is where you have to understand that reading or listening to main stream media, or MSM for short, will not be your best source of news. Why, because these are commercial outlets who have a profit motive, and an audience who is looking for confirmation bias. As a trader and investor, my IRA is up from the end of January, and my trading account is down less than 10%. The reason is that I don't use or read MSM. I use a large sample of public individual sources, which over time, I deem to be "truthful" or have limited bias. None of these are in the news. I don't own a facebook account.

I have proven this to my wife, as I will read her items and within the week, it will be in the MSM news. These are ways that investors get ideas for up and coming stocks, actions, etc. or commenting about something that is fishy, etc.

Yes, the source is twitter. I follow about 500 users, scattered around the world, and all have a relationship to finance or other closely related interests. not my friends nor family, and I read both sides of arguments, bulls and bears to be balanced, but most are professionals, and they are constantly searching for news ahead of the news, the good and the bad slivers to get the edge on changes in psychology or events.

So that is why I am starting to be optimistic that I will be able to be there to put the house through a warranty inspection prior to the warranty expirying in the beginning of May. And yes, I was scared sh!tless that I wouldn't be able to see retirement, but the tiny bit of positive news is starting to slip out. I change channels as soon as the POTUS is anywhere being on the screen, he is not one of my follows on twitter. So continue the process for health safety, and keep looking for those tiny slivers of good news.

sportsguy