View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Maybe the poor man was traumatized at how obvious it was that the Villagers have no understanding what a 6’ social distancing means. I went to two Publix supermarkets and chose the one with the less people and where the people seemed to be spacing themselves out, though more like 2’ rather than 6’. I stood back six feet from the person in line but the next person who came up stood right behind me. I asked them to step back and they did not. So I moved over attempting to create close to a 6’ space between me and the person in front of me and me and the person in back. He took that to mean that I was stepping out of line and to tried to get right behind the person who was in front of me! Unbelievable! I was extremely stressed out by people being so oblivious. This is the Villages! Where most people have the complications that can cause serious coronavirus consequences. Pay attention, people!