View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=eyc234;1733792][QUOTE=TexaninVA;1733699]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post

No, it appears you misunderstood my point ...

First, I'm opposed to price gouging. Second, if one take preparatory steps well in advance (think of a Boy Scout and "being prepared") market forces won't be disrupted hence no gouging.

Usually it's the people who were irresponsible and did not prepare that then turn around and cause the panic and gouging and end pu ask those of us who did for help.

Kind of the the story of the Little Red Hen. There are parallels.[/QUOTEge

Understood completely, just saying how can you hold one individual more responsible than another when they are both hurting the public. Huge difference between prepared and hoarding. So two people in a household need 80 rolls of TP, 50 lbs of meat, 9 doz eggs, etc... Have two week supply not two months, no store can keep up with supply when 75% of shoppers are hoarding.
If people take responsibility and have gradually prepared for any crisis, not just this one, they are typically not the hoarders you're referring to. Actually, they make it a point to avoid the stores when a crisis hit.

It sounds like you didn't prepare, rushed out to buy but didn't' find what you needed.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying?