View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Any financial counselor worth their salt will tell an individual that they need to have an "emergency fund" to get through tough times. If this applies to an individual why not for corporations as well? The airline industry has been making record profits for quite a while now, why haven't they socked away some of those profits for a situation such as this? I'm tired of seeing my taxes go to bail out incompetent businessmen.
Another gripe I have is the pork that was ladled by the truck load into this so-called stimulus bill. Millions going to:

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, which has been closed until May, would get $25 million so it can reopen its doors once the crisis is over.

The Smithsonian Institution would get $7.5 million to help with teleworking, deep cleaning and overtime for security, medical staff, and zoo keepers.

Museums, libraries and arts organizations across the country, which have been closing because of the pandemic, could get a boost from grants to state arts and humanities organizations.

States, which have been postponing primaries, would get additional funds to make voting safer such as expanding early voting and the ability to vote by mail.

This is just some of the pork in this bill that I pulled from a USA Today article, dig a little and you will find even more pork that has nothing to do with helping out the people who really need assistance. There is no form of life lower and more despicable than a politician.