View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 11:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

[QUOTE=Bucco;1734019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

As a daily user of plaquenil, I can only tell you that prior to allowing me to take this drug, I was required to visit the eye doctor for examination in order to set a baseline because as my MD told me, damage to the retina is possible, and I a required to have that retina exam each year to insure no damage. Ther are other side affects for the drug, much depending on the patient.

Giving out ANY drug on a request basis is plain wrong and irresponsible,

There are about 90 drugs now being tested, and you certainly can post about it, but making claims on any forum based on no medical knowledge at all. That will cost lives.

We are living in a society that is scared, and, to me, that is preying on their fears. Having factual information given to us is the ONLY safe way to promulgate drug information.

EVERYONE is hoping for something......I recall the anxious waiting on the swine flu vaccine and the very long lines to get the shot.

We all can and should hope, but broadcasting little ancedotes and ignoring real medicine is wrong ant potentially fatal.
You dont need a retinal eye exam to take plaquenil for malaria or coronavirus since it's only a 1 or 2 week course. Stop confusing people with misinformation.