View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage

By Florida code, your HVAC equipment is sized using the so-called Manual J calculation. This is a heat load calculation for your house that considers the home orientation, the insulation, the size and number of windows and doors, etc. For the cooling season, outside and inside temperature and moisture levels will be assumed. The assumed temperatures will be something like 93F outside and 75F inside. The installed equipment (inside air handler, outside condensing unit, and all duct work) should be able to maintain the assumed inside temperature with the assumed outside temperature. The assumed moisture levels do matter since it takes BTUs to condense out moisture.

Your Manual J calculation is on-line but I don't recall the county website. Munns will also have it. I recommend you obtain your Manual J calculation and then arrange a meeting with Warranty and Munns to go over why the installed equipment cannot meet the Manual J assumptions. Now, keep in mind that I don't know what sort of inside temperature you are trying to maintain when it is 95F outside with high humidity. If you are trying to maintain an inside temperature that is well below the Manual J design point then you probably don't have much of an argument. If you cannot maintain the assumed Manual J inside temperature when the outside temperature and moisture match the assumed Manual J values then I believe you have a reasonable argument for some remediation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdy View Post
Is anyone else south of 44 having issues with their air conditioning unit cooling the home sufficiently when the temperatures are in the mid to high 90’s?

Last edited by biker1; 03-26-2020 at 01:25 PM.