View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The title of this thread is incorrect, the self quarantine requirement is not for people who have been in New York City. It is for all people arriving to Florida on a plane that took off from an airport in the states of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut. We have not been to NYC for many years, and if I get my way I will never go there again. We also don’t live in any of these three states, we live in an extremely rural part of western Massachusetts where we can stay home for an entire weekend without a car going by our driveway. However, this restriction effects us since the only airport close to us, that has direct flights to Orlando, is in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. I understand the need to be safe and we don’t want to fly anytime soon, but this restriction is not well thought out and is ridiculous. What if there was an emergency that required us to get to our Villages home, how could we even get from the airport to our home and then pick up some food while in self isolation? The Florida governor screwed up big time by not closing spring break venues and is now overcompensating to try to save face.
You could drive. It'd take you less than 2 days if you take turns driving and only stop for meal, bathroom, and gas breaks.

This is about dozens of people, none of whom have been *medically* screened, climbing into an enclosed air-tight cabin with recycled air for several hours and then released elsewhere to do whatever damage their germy little selves can do. Multiple times per day, nationwide (in our case - in Florida).

If it's an emergency:

your house won't stop burning down because you got there in 6 hours instead of 30 hours.

your mom won't stop dying because you got there in 6 hours instead of 30 hours.

your cat won't cease to be lost because you got there in 6 hours instead of 30 hours.

There is no emergency in Florida, that won't either resolve, or continue, by the time you can a) get to an airport, b) find a flight that's actually going there, c) wait for that flight, d) arrive in the Florida airport, e) acquire transportation from the airport to your house.

If your house blows away in a tornado, it'll continue to cease to exist while you drive down to inspect the damage.

And in the meantime, you won't be exposed to who knows how many people that might be infected and not even know it yet...

and in the meantime, you won't infect everyone in the airport when you get off the plane - and THEY won't infect their families when they get home...

all because - Florida asked you to self-quarantine for 14 days if you come off a flight that flew out of NY, NJ, or CT.

Pretty simple really. It's not that big of a deal. Not even if it's an emergency.