View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
There is no excuse for socially irresponsible behavior.
Seems to me the risk isn’t that someone who feels sick is playing pickle ball. I like to think they would stay home for several reasons. The risk is that someone who is sick and isn’t yet showing symptoms/doesn’t know it plays.

We all need to behave as if we are sick and just don’t know it yet, to protect others, and those others will contact.

When I’ve played Pickleball before it stopped, I assumed everyone else was infected. I wore two gloves and someone brought a pail of water with pine sol to keep the balls in. I stayed 6 feet away from people on the bench. As soon as it ended I used wipes on my gloves, hands and paddle, and then washed my hands. When I got home I left my shoes in the garage, left my clothes in a pile and showered. After a couple of days I washed the clothes (so I didn’t touch them for a couple of days to let any potential virus die on its own). That was weeks ago and I’m fine so far, so I know I’m clean from it, whether they were infected or not.

Life doesn’t have to stop completely. We can go out. Just follow the guidelines and assume you and everyone else is infected.

What the hell have you got to lose?