View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 11:03 PM
Default But, but, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
NY's Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo has approved the testing of the "hydroxychloroquine cocktail". Comments here about this drug combo efficacy being "misinformation" or simply touted by non-scientists or alt-whatever news sources is unequivocally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post

If people want to wait for full-scale long-term studies, that's fine. Tell that to a dying patient - perhaps (and hopefully not) someone you know - with no other hope. At least give the willing a chance. There's no guarantees, of course, but these are not normal times.

New York To Begin Clinical Trials For Coronavirus Treatment Tuesday, Cuomo Says
You are setting up a straw man and knocking him down, as the argument goes. First of all, pharmacology is not an easy science. I doubt that most of us can make a sound judgment without consulting a physician. Second, there is no "rushing" a cure for anything at all, ever. Science plods along. Even if it means some of our friends, family, ourselves may die before the right things comes along. Third, extrapolating that we MUST have found the cure because 10 or 20 regular physicians who are out of their depth with epidemiology are trying out off-label drugs with a patient's consent is Russian Roulette. In any case, most people in their last days on respirators are often comotose.

The bottom line , I find, is that self-quarantine is the VERY BEST WAY to get the numbers we want to see. (Dr. Fauci) You can hope til death that this, that, or another thing might work, but science does not operate that way. Staying away from places and people for a healthily long time is worth the effort if you want to live, and ESPECIALLY if you would be likely, like me, to pass on were I to get the virus (diabetic)

I am bummed out, as are many of you, I think, over this awful plague. We have lost some friends, too. But to me, it seems worthwhile to use the best practices where others seem to abandon themselves to Fate.

Last edited by Mumbles; 03-26-2020 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Had to change my mind