Thread: Locked out
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
I contacted Richard Baier and John Rohan over a week ago about this precise observation; they never responded. Yesterday (March 27) I casually went be two centers' pickleball courts and saw way more than 10 congregate, a clear violation of CDC rules. And as if to add salt to the wound, PoliticoFlorida reported as of last night at 6:30pm by writer Arek Sarkissian that coronavirus is now spreading in The Villages by community spread or close contact with others (according to the Florida Dept. of Health in Sumter County) with at least five residents having contracted the virus! 29 county residents have also contracted the virus; 24 tested positive in Lake County; 8 in Marion County. The reporter also wrote that TV is also receiving a 250-bed mobile hospital from the Fla. Div. of Emergency Services. It seems Village officials must be following Trump's lead by being "late to the party", and a deadly one at that. All courts need to be closed down for the health and safety of ALL Villagers, not just those that play the game---and I play it 2-3x/week.

Last edited by hollywoodz; 03-28-2020 at 06:46 AM.