View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Default Something to ponder

I was reading an Instagram post this morning that I wish I could share (it was from a private acc't) and I'm not techy saavy to know where the source came from. At any rate. It was a post from a man who lives in India. He stated some good points for us to think about. I'll get to that but first.......

Have any of you had to call a customer support person lately? I have and without great success. You'll get the automated message that the wait will be long because of a large customer....blah, blah, blah. I've had 2 instances, separate from one another, this week where I had a need to do this.

Back to the man in India. We all know that companies out-source to places we KNOW there is deep poverty and all that goes with it. This man was saying, with many points that it's ONLY the rich who can "social distance" properly, because they have a safe place to do it. It's ONLY the rich, who can seek medical help should they get sick. It's only the rich who can afford not to work for some time. He went on with quite a long paragraph and my heart went out to those people. I've never been there but know some people who have. The poverty is inexplicable, the country is VERY crowded and I think in many areas the filth is beyond what you or I have experienced. Oh...there are higher income people living there but the majority isn't them. Oh...I realize we have exceptions here and even in our area....but really think about it. This country, India, does service ours whether we've liked it at times or not.

I don't know if all the customer support people have jobs, are working at all or IF our need to speak to someone about our issues will happen. BUT this epidemic is much wider than just "here". It's affecting the rich, the poor, the extremely poor and all the in-betweens, in one way or another. The out-sourcing of our businesses is coming back to bite us now.

We've been extremely blessed to live in this country with ALL it has to offer. So to have much of what we've been used to set aside--it will bring out the character in each of us. Will we be patient and try to do the right thing? Or will we have temper tantrums because we can't get what we want? I think this country is the best thing and we're the best people. Let's all pull together and see this thing through and come out for the better.