View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Yesterday I decided I needed a new chainsaw/pole saw to more easily reach the taller branches around our property.

We're under a state lockdown and are supposed to keep our six foot spacing.. This is where the internet has made things so easy and so much safer. I ordered and paid online from a local retailer. No credit card or cash to change hands. No hoping the people in line kept their distance. I then drove to the store to their pickup area and showed my receipt through my window and the warehouse guy placed the items in the back of my truck and secured them. Instead of having me sign that I received the items he simply took a picture of the items in the back of my truck.

In the off chance he had cooties on his hands I'll let the stuff sit in the truck overnight and burn the boxes tomorrow.. lol

NOTHING could have been easier.
Hang in there. This too will .... Well, pass is a wrong word. But maybe go away in time.

My older brother wrote a book about a virus that is stuck in some mammoth tusk that gets dug up in Nome, Alaska. Gets unearthed because of melting of the permafrost. And then wrecks havoc on the world. He was working on the book for years and got it published last year.

NOTHING but odd.

Many of the students at the U of Denver in the librarianship program were from Alaska. The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education | would pay for much of their tuition if they promised to come back and work in Alaska for a stipend grant. I did the same thing with the State of Nevada but they forgave my stipend grant for work I did in CA, FL, MN and IL because it had an affect on the libraries in Nevada. I did have to send them a lot of stuff though to prove my case. The voted for that action in September of 2000. The U of Denver is a rather expensive private school. Denver was beautiful though.

Washington had a good graduate program in librarianship though I believe at the U of Washington. Library Science Master's - MLIS | Information School | University of Washington

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-28-2020 at 12:02 PM.