View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Hmm... you're suggesting a novel, deadly virus originating "supposedly" from Wuhan, China hits our shore, infects many thousands, kills many hundreds and "no one (in the US) knows for sure"?

Sorry, but you're terribly naive in your thinking. I absolutely guarantee people in certain places in our government have unequivocally determined whether this is a man-made biological weapon released from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (China's only Level-4 Bio-Weapons Laboratory). If we were under a biological attack from an adversary, there would have been a military response, both domestically and against our new adversary. The naive suggestions that we don't ascertain the threat and origin until a "potential" attack is over is just...well...uninformed.
To the contrary, naive I'm not. I worked 28 years in the three letter agencies, one in particular. I'm confident that this is being tracked down in highly compartmented channels, and based on various intel sources & methods. For that very reason, amongst others, it would not be publicized.

To the extent it’s proven China is responsible, and especially if deliberately unleashed (neither of which has yet been ascertained), it's obviously a potential hot war situation. Extremely delicate to say the least. For that very reason, and thankfully so, cooler heads than yours are prevailing. If, and when, there's a response it will be on our terms and not a rote reaction based on emotion.