View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 PM
Default Are Barbers safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
'Bout time. I was surprised they were opened as long as they were. I'm sure they didn't fully (or partially for that matter) disinfect each chair between customers and the barbers didn't wear gloves or masks and peoples hair was on the floor blowing all over the place. I'm desperate for a haircut but I'd have had to be stupid to sit down in one of those shops over the last few weeks. Going to have to try a DIY.
I thought about the same things and my Barber had shut down. He has reopened and I went today after talking to him yesterday. This is what he has done.
1. He wears a mask.
2. He has all appointments booked online at his Facebook page which can be found by searching American Barber Shop Summerfield.
3. He doesn't allow anyone else in his shop other than you while you get your haircut and he is the only one giving the haircuts and he is only using 1 chair.
4. He washes his hands between each person that comes through rather then using gloves which protects individuals better and if supply's last at request he will use gloves, as well as disinfecting his outside and inside doorknob after each individual leaves.
5. He has a vacuum operated pair of clippers which reduces dramatically any hair falling on the floor and has 30 minute windows to be able to sanitize etc between each haircut.
6. He sanitizes his clippers, combs and anything else that would be a part of the haircut for every individual.
7. He lets you choose if you want to wear a cape and doesn't re-use any but has fresh ones for each individual coming in.

This isn't a professional opinion just my opinion and I work in an industry that understands the times and being sanitary.