View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 06:09 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default stop signs for bicycle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
today while traveling in my golf cart I approached a tunnel and a guy on a bike came roaring out,failed to stop at the stop sign,and never even looked left to see if anyone[me] was coming-at the next intersection he went through without stopping and I yelled "hey stop sign"--he turned around and pulled up beside me to say " I can drive however I want"---now if that's not a guy who thinks he's entitled ,I don't know what is-these guys feel they're above our traffic laws
I have yet to see one stop for a stop sign. Sometimes they slow down , take a quick look and breeze thru the sign. Other times, they take a quick look and never slow down. I have been here since 2005 and don't remember seeing any bicycles on the model paths for many years. Don't think TV had planned on this and some of the model paths are not wide enough for both much less the runners, walkers, bicycle, 3 wheeler's and etc. IMO, Think a special path beside the model path is needed for these folks.