View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 06:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I appears that many people from New York are fleeing to escape the high numbers of positive corona-virus residents there. Some are coming to The Villages and are supposed to be self-quarantined. I have concerns that they are not tested before coming here, there is no enforcement of their self-quarantine, that they can go to Walmart, grocery stores, gas stations or any other place that is open. This could cause an explosion of corona-virus here just like there is in New York only with deadlier consequences.
Your thoughts on this?
I think this exodus in going on ways that no one really has data on. I can understand why people in NYC would feel the urge to flee but ... they should not be allowed in. All it does it raise the risk here. I know there's no practical ways to stop them. The RI governor was one of the few who showed leadership.

My opinion is the influx will clearly cause the risk to explode as you say, or at least spike. The first places the refugees go are Walmart, Publix, Walgreens etc as you mention.

People should already have been staying home. This is an even better reason to do so.