Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Great Idea.
Really does not change the game.
No body in TV is getting a check based on their score.
Play Ball!!
I am fine with the changes short term, but it does change the game - significantly. It makes a good putter a great putter. Putts that would never have gone in are now "in" because they glanced off the side of the insert.

My scores are averaging about 3 strokes less on Executive, and 4 less on Champion.

One of the folks I played with yesterday banged it off the PVC on an approach shot. He got an eagle... but that ball is never going in on a normal course.

We refer to it as "croquet golf". Oh, and I got my first "hole in one" playing croquet golf yesterday. It might have gone in on a normal day - one hop and tapped the PVC, came to rest about 18" away. But no way am I going to try to claim that.

I see a lot of folks putting harder and trying to hit the PVC instead of putting to hole out. When things return to normal, I predict a lot of bad putting due to bad habits picked up with these inserts.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.