View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcgowan View Post
Im thinking about writing a book - here is a synopsis: Large Communist Government want to be world leader. They devise a plan to introduce a deadly virus to their own people at the height of a New Year celebration. Millions are infected but show no signs of sickness for weeks. Once the NY celebration is over the infected people travel all around the globe returning to homes, visiting friends and family carrying the virus unknowingly. The Government understand that many of their citizens will die from the virus but they calculate that they could sacrifice millions and still have billions of citizens remaining. The virus infects millions and millions around the globe killing thousands. It a Pandemic that puts the large government as the leader of the world.

People have been eating bats for thousands of years - why is this happening now?

Fiction or non fiction - thoughts?
Either way, I think you’d have a bestseller on your hands and probably end up with a series on Netflix.

I wrote a detailed analysis on this a few days ago and sent it out to my email list. Can’t post it here ,in full, as some of the content would not pass muster with the Moderator and I try to respect the TOS. My email, while informed, would be judged too provocative and speculative.

I’ll summarize here, in sanitized form. (no pun intended). There’s evidence of some bio-engineering, the NIH blog posted earlier notwithstanding. The question is … was the Wuhan virus released accidentally or deliberately? Your emerging novel, as cited above, takes the latter course.

I would just say this. Focus on the cost/benefit tradeoff. It’s gigantic.

The CCP is a communist totalitarian entity, where Judeo-Christian ethics are both irrelevant and perhaps more a source of amusement. CCP concludes take a few thousand domestic casualties now, & suffer from short term economic damage but the benefit it you literally shut down the USA … something no enemy in history has ever even come close to. Plus, there's going to be permanent long term impacts of this on our country with specifics still very much TBD. The CCP's strategy horizon is decades out, maybe even a century. America's horizon is much shorter term.

Anyway, if the CCP leadership took this course, it’s because they realized that the gravy train trade policies of prior Western leaders was coming to an end, and likely to stay that way. Hence, they felt the need to act.

FWIW, I still think the most likely explanation is an accidental release, not deliberate.