Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default A history lesson

This thread was started by Barefoot in February of 2008. The first post explains the reason it began.

The very first topic of discussion was hair color. Throughout more than a decade that topic has continued to show up here in our Girl Talk thread.

Before now, we always had a choice of whether we were ready to give in to gray or white hair. Now, here we are, with the decision being made for us — for now, at least.

So how is everybody doing?

Me? Oh my. My hair grows fast. I get (got) my roots done every month. Not a haircut each time but oh those roots, those roots had to be done.

But now I have a white star on top of my head — kind of reminds me of “My Friend Flicka.” And to heap insult upon injury, my haircut is growing out and making me look like that kid on the Dutch Boy paint can.

Then there are my eyebrows — starting to look like John L. Lewis. (You can find his picture on Google. Worst eyebrows ever.) Yes. I can trim them myself but they are coming in white and I cannot do anything about that.

I always admire friends who have made the leap and have gorgeous white or gray hair. But it is the getting from Point A to Point Z that has always seemed too hard, though I have (had) been having more platinum highlights threaded in, trying to see where that would take me.

Oh well, this is certainly the least of worries right now. I will just stay in my house and not look in the mirror.