View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 07:23 AM

Actually you CAN dictate to others. Its called Law and Order. Should we allow others to murder people just because they want to?? Of course not. A woman walked into a grocery store in Northeast PA and spit on the produce and baked goods... was the store owner overdoing it to throw away $35,000 worth of food? She was arrested and charged with making terroristic threats. Of course she doesn't have the $$ to replace what was lost. Should she be allowed to get away with it? Of course not!!

People having a party when there is a current pandemic is recklessly endangering others, just like the spring breakers, etc. It isn't all that much different that the grocery store spitter. Its not just a danger to the partygoers. It's a danger to EVERY PERSON those partygoers come in contact with.

Totally overdone? What science do you base that on? The WHO and the CDC and the AMA and the NIH are all saying do not congregate in large groups and to maintain distance. These are learned people who have decades of research and study and experience. I will listen to them and follow their recommendations.

Two of my daughters work in health care; one is an RN and is COVID positive; she was exposed NOT in a hospital, but in her own home by someone who came to work on her computer! We are grateful she is young and relatively healthy and will survive it. The other is on the COVID task force at a large health care system. She is afraid we are not doing enough and that the wave hasn't hit us here yet.

When I see posts like yours, I agree with her. As for me, I will maintain my distance and survive this. I pray everyone else will too