View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The Pres. has just extended , all guidelines to Apr. 30--anyone wanna bet we're going to be in the same boat till Sept 1

Not just health, but the mkt down to 10000. if we're lucky
I think that it will go on longer than Sept 1. The spread will only slow when we start approaching 80% infected. Then we will still have the virus around.

The only thing that may stop this is if the drug combination of Hydroxy Chloraquine and Z-Pak is approved by FDA and US manufacturers begin making huge amounts of it.

There are two problems with that. It usually takes years to get that kind of approval and it's never done without thousands of tests. The second problem is much of the material that is used to make those drugs comes from China. I don't know if we have enough raw materials in this country to fulfill the demand.

I don't what kind of power the president has over the FDA and it might be that congress needs to get involved. But the president can invoke the DPA to force drug companies to make Hydroxy Chloraquine and Z Paks.

But until there is a cure we'll be stuck in our current position.

A vaccination is at least a year away.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.