View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 05:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Be it an actual book, Audible, or Kindle, a good book sure can help to pass the time.

I like biographical historical fiction.

Mr. Boomer just finished The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz. That is a brand new book by Erik Larson.

How about anybody else? Book suggestions?

Boomer
These are some of my recent reads – several being historical fiction. Your husband may enjoy Lady Clementine by Marie Benedict,, the story of the powerful influence of Churchill’s wife. I’ve always liked David McCullough and being from Ohio, particularly appreciated The Pioneers based on the opening of the Northwest Territory. Other books that I’ve enjoyed, including some from our book club
-The Last of the Romantics - Ruth Harris
-Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
-Beneath a Scarlet Sky - Mark Sullivan (WW II based in Italy)
-The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom (Civil war era)
-My name is Mary Sutton (story of a woman who became a doctor in the civil war era)
-The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker (interesting with lots of twists – based in Burma)
-All the Flowers in Paris by Sara Jio
-The Only Woman in the Room - about Hedy Lamar
-Wallis in Love by Andrew Morton - fascinating book about Wallis Simpson, a seriously flawed woman
-Paris: A Love Story by Kati Marton who was married to Peter Jennings (controversial reviews because she too led an interesting life but with issues)